H1b Extension from India


My H1B visa petition was approved in Oct 2014. I did not go for visa stamping since my job offer was put on hold. My petition was approved till Dec 2015 and got expired on Dec 2015.

Currently I am in India. Previously I have worked in USA in L1B Visa.

My question is that my petition is approved so can i file for petition transfer and then get the visa stamped from India?

Thank you,

Mukesh Gohil

Yes, this is possible. Another employer can file cap-exempt petition (aka H-1 transfer) for you. Once approved, get visa stamped and then travel to US to work for them. You would need old approval notice or at least the receipt number for this.