H1B COS not gone in I-20 during STEM OPT after Withdraw - Oct 1

Hi all,

My employer recently withdrew the H1b application and now I am going to schedule an F-2 visa interview for my wife. So, I recently requested my DSO for the updated I-20 where I see the H1b pending info (as below). My first concern is: can DSO remove the H1b info from I-20? I tried doing so but she said she can’t as it automatically comes from the database at SEVP. Does h1b info always remain in I-20 even when it’s adjudicated (withdrawn/approved/denied)? The second concern is: can H1b info affect the consular’s mindset and reject the visa? My wife’s visa has already been rejected once, a couple of months ago.

Well, this is a tricky situation. The DSO can request for a data fix, if they have the withdraw confirmation from USCIS. If your employer. The confirmation from USCIS regarding the withdraw, you can ask DSO to do the data fix. Without that they cannot do. It should go away, once the withdraw is complete, but sometimes can stay, that’s when you need a data fix.
Well, It is better to wait until the I-20 reflects the correct status as you have no proof that it is withdrawn…In general, F2 visa stamping is very risky, not just your case, many of the F2 visas get rejected…