H1B approved travel to India & return before Oct1st

Hi, I am working on L1B valid till Apr/2015 and applied for H1B through consultancy. I am expecting H1B approval by June/July month. I am planning to visit India and return before Oct 1st on existing L1B to continue work with current company till Sep 30. Please advise, what is better way to proceed further on this.

Is it better to wait till H1B approval for vacation to India?

Is it okay to travel India once I get H1B approval by June/July month and return before Oct 1st to continue work with my current company?

Will it create any issue at port of entry?

If you travel out of US while H-1 is pending, then COS will be abandoned. You can return on L-1 visa and will remain on L-1 until you either enter on stamped H-1 visa or file a separate COS.

If you travel out of US after H-1 has been approved w/ COS and return prior to Oct 1, then you will remain on L-1 until Oct 1 and will automatically move to H-1 from Oct 1 based on earlier approved COS.