H1B application process from other state

Team,

I’m residing in Chennai. I’m looking for few consultants who can sponsor me my H1B. I’m trying to narrow down consultants who are Chennai based, unfortunately, most of the consultants are Hyderbad based.

My questions is, "If my petition is filed from HYD, can I attend interview in Chennai? "

Thanks,

Prasenna

Ur petition gets filed from US, Not from India… And U can attend for stamping anywhere in the world

NO !!! any where in the world is INCORRECT…!!! 1st H1b stamping has to happen from home country, & the consulate has to be per the address in your passport or the current address (if not same) the employer can be anywhere, but has to be in USA for sure.

2nd Stamping onwards can take in any where in the world, however these days, the USA consulate is not entertaining that, & throwing RFE’s which may or may not get answered in time.

NO !!! any where in the world is INCORRECT…!!! 1st H1b stamping has to happen from home country, & the consulate has to be per the address in your passport or the current address (if not same) the employer can be anywhere, but has to be in USA for sure.

Straight answer to your question, yes, you can attend interview from chennai despite of your employer in hyd.

another free advice, there are lot of helplines on uscis, & the chennai consulate website, u can ask such questions to them directly, they are not man eaters, nor they will remember u and reject ur visa

There is indian company which assist the us embassy in the local area & they take the calls, OFC appointments etc… they will guide u

Blogs here are not authentic, people will write anything, u cannot rely for ur life on such blogs

No, U can attend at any place. I know ppl who attended in UK, CANADA, JAMAICA… For the 1st H1… As they r working in other country r they were there with some work. Generally ppl attend at the place they are at that time…

No, U can attend at any place. I know ppl who attended in UK, CANADA, JAMAICA… For the 1st H1… As they r working in other country r they were there with some work. Generally ppl attend at the place they are at that time…
And RFE is entirely a different thing which happens at approval stage and also depends more on documentation, employer and U, not any consulate… The chances of running into 221G while stamping also depends on documentation, employer and U, not any consulate…

Please read the USCIS & consulate rules & regulations. check with any officer, again no one will eat you or cancel your visa, coz you wanted to know the right thing.
The first H1 has to happen in home country, if you working for a reputed company in a 3rd country, & they want you to move to USA, no doubt they will pay your tickets to your home country, get you stamped & then pay your tickets for USA

Any company who has asked you to get your first H1 stamped in non-home country, for sure, it should be just any other bodyshopping house.

221G is needs additional information/documentation - VO puts on 221g with the below questions

1. why cant you go to your home country for stamping
  2. company letter that you are in this 3rd country for work & this is a part of your trip
    etc.,
    getting first h1B is breaking a rule, hence your employer has to prove with strong documentation why he wants his employee to break the rule

no consultancy will give u such documentation, its only bigshot companies, & they will never want you to do any such activity.