H1b amendment

I read on USCIS site that if we change work location in same Metropolitan Statistical Area we don’t need to apply for amendment of H1B is it true? I am moving from one county to another which are under same MSA

Well, you answered your own question. If it is in same MSA, then no new amendment needs to be applied.

Unfortunately my employer says to be on safer side, we apply for amendment. Currently in RFE and they are not even allowing me to travel with RFE status