H1B Amendment while H1B to F1 change of status is already filed

Hi,

I currently hold my H1B visa till august 8th, 2017 and have filed my H1B to F1 visa (Change of Status) application on June 15th, 2015. I did not get any reference number yet…but got an acknowledgement that USCIS has received my application. While my case is still being reviewed by USCIS, my employer has filed for a H1B amendment (because of changes in compensation) which my employer said that they have to file these H1B amendments by 19th of August, this year.

I have strong intention to study as I got an admission in one of the good universities (my orientation date in college is august 17th, 2015) for MBA and so proceeded for COS (Change of Status) filing.

I am worried whether will this be a hindrance to obtain my F1 visa. Are there any chances of denial of my ‘Change of Status’ because of this amendment (Since I came to know that a new H1B petition will be filed and a New LCA will be obtained for this amendment).

Please suggest me on this. Thanks in Advance.

I believe the last action rule applies in your case. Read up on it here: http://www.hooyou.com/news/news051207lastactionrule.html

Hi ,
Can you please update what happened in your case? I am in a similar situation…I want to apply for COS…but employer has plans for H1 amendment.
Thanks in advance