H1b amendment premium processing

Hello friends,

My amendment was applied on mid July in normal processing. I came on a emergency visit to India and hence I cannot travel back since my amendment in processing. So my employer converted the application to premium.

1. What is the best case scenario by which date I can travel back.

2. Also the old case number still shows the petition was filed. Will I get a new case number on conversion

3. I have a valid visa just that the amendment was for role change. Would there be a problem if I travel without amendment getting approved

1. What is the best case scenario by which date I can travel back. - Wait for the amendment to come thru before travelling. Most likely it will have a different end date as well. When you travel back with this new petition you will get I94 dates based on this one.2) Also the old case number still shows the petition was filed. Will I get a new case number on conversion - Your case number should remain the same.3) I have a valid visa just that the amendment was for role change. Would there be a problem if I travel without amendment getting approved - There won’t be any problem if the petition is still under processing and you travel back.

Your answer for 1 and 3 contradicts, since the amendment is only for role change and it is being processed, should I travel back to US?

Also I have a valid US visa

Your answer for 1 and 3 contradicts, since the amendment is only for role change and it is being processed, should I travel back to US?

Also I have a valid US visa

You can always travel back if the petition is still process, the problem only arises when it approved while you are outside US and if it has resulted in a new I94. If you are sure about the later two things not happening then I don’t see any need to wait.