H1B Amendment : Can I enter US with copy of the amendment


My H1-B Visa which was stamped in 2014 is valid till 2017. Due a change in the client location address, my employed filed an amendment and the same got approved on December 2015.

Currently i am in India for vacation and I need to travel back next week. I have the original H1-B approved petition notice which is valid till 2017 , with me. Also I have the copy of the amendment approval notice but not the original notice. My employer had sent me a soft copy of the amendment approval notice and I have taken a printout of the same.

I have requested my employed for the original amendment approval notice , but I dont think I will get it before my travel date

Can I enter US with the below docs ?
a) Original copy of the H1-B approved petition notice
b) Duplicate copy of the amendment approval notice

(One of my friend traveled to US with these docs and the immigration office didnt ask him for any docs. He just scanned the passport and verified that the Visa is in approved status)

You don’t need original copy of amendment approval notice.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, hopehumanityATgmaildotcom; wwwdothopeforhumanityglobaldotorg