H1 to H4 and back to H1

I am currently in India and have valid H1B visa from my employer.my husband is working in us and have valid H1 b visa.As there are no opportunities coming up for my employer to send me onsite.please answer the following questions:

  1. can I convert my h1 to h4 using my petition and travel to us and find opportunities and then convert it back to H1.if yes please let me know the process.

  2. or do I need to use my husband petition to convert it to H4 and then travel to Us and can I convert back to H1 using my petition.

Please let me know the best possible way