H1 to F1 conversion -Urgent query !

Hi,

I am currently working in the US on an H1 Visa. I have been here for 2 years and 9 months now. I have an offer from a US University and the course begins in August,2013. I am confused as to which of the below options would be the best for me to obtain a student visa:

1. Quit my job and go back to India and apply for a fresh F1. ( This is my preference. However, I have heard that there are chances of F1 getting rejected if one has been in the US on an H1 for a long time.)

2. Apply for a change of status from H1 to F1. Continue to be in the US until the status change is done, then quit my job and travel to India. Get my F1 stamped in India before joining school in August.

3. Apply for a change of status from H1 to F1 and then join school directly so I dont have to get my F1 stamped in India before joining school. 

To give more info and context:

1. The University I am joining is an Ivy League college.

2. My husband had an H4 on my H1 (from my previous company) but now he is in the US on a B1 and has applied for a H1 this year. Does this impact make my case in anyway?

I will be very grateful if someone could kindly respond to my query at the earliest as many of my next steps/action items completely depend on this decision.

Thanks in advance !