H1 Stamping In India in December 2013

Hi,

We(Me and my wife) are planning to visit india in Nov-2013 and have to go through H1b stamping for both of us. Our case are as below:

My case: I came to usa for an Indian software MNC on h1b and since last 2 and half years i was working for them and recently 6 months ago, i have changed my employer to an american software consulting company. It is small to mid size (with around  200 employees). And transfered and extended my h1b till next three years. 

My wife's case: She came to US on H4 on dependant visa with me before 2 and half years. and after 8 months she got H1b sponsor and got her Visa status changed from H4 to H1 through an desi consulting company. After that her end client offered full time position and tranffered her H1b to an end client, which is american company with around 200+ employees. And currently working with them since last 1 and half year.

And both of our stamping was valid till June-2012 and it is expired now.  Please note none of us have studied in US.

So our dillemmas are:

1. Should we go to stamping to India or any other country like bahamas, canada or other?

2. In my case, I will complete around 10 months by Nov-2013 with my new employer, Does the duration with the new employer matter while going for stamping? If yes, Any tips to cover this.

3. How complicated my wife's case is? she has COS from h4 to h1 and then h1 transfer? Is there any complexity and how can we handle it?

4. Which documents can make our case stronger?

5. I know that getting stamped is unpredicatable but how our cases look like based on your experience?

Thanks a lot for your continuous support.

This will be our first H1B re-stamping after our initial stamp.

1. Should we go to stamping to India or any other country like bahamas, canada or other?

You can apply at Mexico and its an easier process.

1. In my case, I will complete around 10 months by Nov-2013 with my new employer, Does the duration with the new employer matter while going for stamping? If yes, Any tips to cover this.

It does not matter as long as you have paystubs.

1. How complicated my wife’s case is? she has COS from h4 to h1 and then h1 transfer? Is there any complexity and how can we handle it?

If she never stamped her H1B, she may not apply at Mexico or Canada, she needs to apply at Homecountry

1. Which documents can make our case stronger?

2. I know that getting stamped is unpredicatable but how our cases look like based on your experience

Looks pretty straight forward. Every case is different, never base your siuation on other’s Experience.

Thanks a lot for your continuous support.

Thank you for proving expert comments. They are helpful. One more questions-

If we plan to go to India for stamping, Can we transit through London Or Amsterdam or Munich or Any European country? Or we have go through only Dubai? Are there any other options?

I heard if you don’t have visa on your passport you can’t transit through any European country… So i am confused here…

Can you please guide here?

I guess it’s true, I am not very knowledgeable abt. transit, check with a Travel Agent. I can provide information on H1B stuff. Thanks!

Thank you for all the responses!