H1-H4 Questions at POE

I was on H4 VISA valid till 2018 when i entered USA in April 2015. Then a consultant filed for my H4-H1B COS and it got approved on Dec 2016 valid till 2018. Its been Mar 2017(4 months), the consultant is unable to find a job for me. Meanwhile, my employer asked me to travel to India in couple of months(in 2017 year) and come on H4 Visa (COS H1-H4).

AT POE, what documents need to be shown other than my husbands.

Will they ask me about why I am switching to H4 from H1? Will they ask me about my H1 Details and pay stubs?

How long did you stay inside US on H-1B? I assume you are now outside US and want to enter US on your stamped H-4 visa.

Dec 5 I got H1B pettition approved and I am still in USA. Its been 4 months on H1B now. I am planning to go India in couple of days.

While coming back on H4,
AT POE, what documents need to be shown other than my husbands.

Will they ask me about why I am switching to H4 from H1? Will they ask me about my H1 Details and pay stubs?

You may be questioned. As you will be in the H1 status before leaving, and they may ask why you did not get your H1 stamped and trying to enter on H4.

It is only a “may” be questioned. Be ready to answer it.

I agree w/ ramanan256. There is a possibility that they may ask about the H-1 period. Usually they don’t but this is a new administration. So have your answers ready.