H1 B Visa Stamp To Expire in Dec 2012, need to find procedure for extension

My H1 B Petition is valid till Dec 2013. However the visa stamp as well as the i-94 expires in Dec 2012.

If I am required to continue working in the US till 2013, is it possible without any issues. Do I need to renew the stamp/i-94. If yes, what is the procedure to do that. Also I have a dependent i.e. spouse What would be the applicable procedures.

I-94 extension needs to be filed. You can either submit an application to USCIS or go to nearest CBP office (see if your airport has that) and get it corrected.