H1 B Selected in Lottery, but receipt number not found on USCIS

My Employer’s third party lists my status as below:

“H Petition accepted in Lottery. Receipt Notice received. Awaiting adjudication.”

When i Search my Receipt num # WAC********* on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do. Below is the error received “My Case Status does not recognize the receipt number entered. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.”

Any idea what does that mean??

Receipt no. is invalid. There’s a post here regarding the format. WAC1612312345 -> Something like this. First 3 are Letters, the rest are numbers. Also remove the dashes.

I tried removing the dashes and it was not working for me. Any idea what can be the reason??

Ask ur employer whether he has provided right number or not?? if yes, then you will receive a letter from USICS stating the same. Ask him to send that

Yes. They might have sent with a typo error. Ask for a softcopy of the receipt notice if possible

Thanks for the reply!!!1

If the employer insists that its the correct number and it doesn’t work w/o dashes, then try again in few days. If that still fails, then ask employer to contact USCUS.