First time H4 VISA applier

I have a valid H1B visa stamped and currently working in the USA, Is it possible for my spouse to file a new H4 VISA? (first time filer)

  1. What is the process for it?
  2. How can I get the NIE approval for it? What is the process to get it approved?
  3. Having a hard time finding the visa slot. When can I apply for the NIE?

You will need to schedule a visa appointment to get her H4 stamped.

If you qualify to NIE, you need to ask for a letter from your employer stating you work in one of the 16 industries that qualify for NIE and send the letter to your spouse. She will need to carry the letter to her visa interview and present to the VO.