Filling DS-160 for B1 Visa from my current company( Previously H1B on hold and B1 rejected)

Hi All,

I need to travel US for one of my current project. So i was asked to initiate the B1 Visa process. I started with by filling DS-160 form. I need a clarificaiton /help on below two questions. Please helps me out…

Before that here my Previous Visa rejection stories:

1. Processed for H1B in 2007 and got query (221g twice). Still application status in administration process.

2. My previous company processed B1 visa in 2008 and went for B1 visa interview and got refused by giving 214(b) slip by marking below options

You do not qualify for a non-immigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the UnitedSates Immigration and Nationality Act. This portion of the law states: “Every alienShall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of theConsular officer, at the time of application for a visa…that he is entitled to non-Immigrant stats….” This means that each visa applicant must convince theConsular Officer that he or she intends to return to his or her home in India followingA temporary stay in the United States, that his or her financial situation is such thatHe or she can afford the trip without having to seek unauthorized employment in theU.S., and that the travel is for legitimated purposes permitted by the applicant’s visaCategory. You were unable to establish to the satisfaction of the Consular Officer that thePurpose of your trip is consistent with the rules of the visa class for which you applied.Now my current company wants me to travel US on B1. what i need answer for below two question as per my above issues.

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? (YES or NO)

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services? (YES or NO)

Please help me on this ASAP

Regards

sunny

Always answer truthfully. If you lie in the application and get caught in interview, you will banned for 10 years. Obviously, they will have your history, which they can pull up using your basic details that you submit here.

Answer Yes to both of them. During your visa interview time, make sure you are going to answer in a convincing manner. not like showing more interest to travel US for a longer stay etc.,

Good luck :slight_smile: