My wife and I are currently in the US on independent approved H1B status with actual H1B visa stampings being pending for both. We have been planning to bring our family (parents and siblings) to US for visitation purposes and had submitted their DS160 applications as well as paid the fees in March this year. Of course, given the travel bans and closure of US embassy/consulates in India, we haven’t been able to get any visa appointments for our family members. We are now starting to see some appointment slots becoming available for later part of this year e.g., 30 Sep, 2021 at Mumbai. However, we have some following questions and would like your advice.
Is it advisable for our family in India to go for visa stamping now if a slot becomes available? If yes, what do I need to be aware of (e.g., NIE, updating DS160, etc.)?
Do I need to revise/edit the already submitted DS160 forms because the planned travel dates were different and have now passed?
I paid the fees on March 15, 2021. What’s the last date that they can still go for an appointment and when will the fees expire?
HYD consulate was selected as the center of choice for stamping in DS160. Should I wait for HYD consulate to resume processing visas or could our family go to another consulate if slots become available?
Anything else that we need to be concerned or mindful about with respect to the entire process of having their stamping and the already submitted DS160 forms and paid fees?
Appreciate your guidance. Thank you!