Expired used H1B petition claim remainder time of 6 years under cap exemption


My wife’s case is:

Her H1B Application was filed and approved in 2006 and valid from Oct-2006 to Sep-2010.

It was used to travel to US on H1B status from Aug-2008 to Jan-2010 for a period of 17 months.

Since Jan-2010 she is staying in India for over 7 years now and working in IBM.

Can she claim the remainder period of six years using this petition? Is it possible to apply in cap-exempt category?