Employment based green card

Hi Team,

My company is going to file GC for me. I am on H1B right now and I just got my Master’s in US while working for the company that is going to file my GC for me. My question is since I have a three years foreign degree I want to use my US Msc degree as the main qualification for the GC process. And I am reading that the company can not use the Msc for the GC process because I got it after I joined the company, is that true?