I am in a situation that I need advice on. I am under a bond for 2 years with my current company and working on H1 in the US. I have finished less than a year and I am already thinking of moving out. The company has a reputation of not giving experience letters to employees who have left on bad terms even though the two bond years are over. Bad terms could also mean the company wanted an employee to stay back even after the bond period is over and the employee decided to not stay back or even if the employee paid the bond amount but the boss of the company did not want the employee to leave but the employee left anyway. Due to these incidents with my colleagues I am thinking its better to move out right away.
Now if the bond period is violated, the company will initiate legal proceedings against my guarantor in India. Can they do that? Should I complete the bond period and then leave?
Should I wait for them to initiate the GC and then leave?
In any case if I decide to leave earlier, and they don’t give me my experience letter, how should I go about getting my GC ? The company is pretty small, none of the current employees will sign an affidavit supporting my working in that company for the time I was working there.
Please advise on what way I should move forward that I don’t affect my chances of getting a GC filed.