Employer is denying to send I-140 paper copy to me

Hello All,

When I ask my employer to send me the paper copy of my I-140 approval notice, they are saying that as per the company policy they will send me only soft copy.

Do we need to keep the original I-140 paper copy with us ? or just take the print out of soft copy and keep for our records?

What are the consequences of holding my I-140 original paper copy with the employer?

Will it matter to press on my employer to give that or is it not required?

Thank you.

Dear @ckumarreddy,
Congratulations for your I140 approval. To be short you can use either original or neatly scanned soft copy for your future use. It’s not a good idea to pressurize your employer to share the original one with you becz there is a chance of misunderstanding. An employer can withdraw approved I140 in first 180 days from the day it got approved. I hope this information helps you.

Thank you for the reply, and the confirmation.

sure, I am good here as suggested, I just had one more question, how do we need know, in worst case if the employer withdraw? Can we check the status of it online ?

Hello @ckumarreddy,
Yes, You can check online via your receipt number or you can call USCIS service center. (Keep this as a second option) . Thanks.

Thank you,

Can you please provide the link to verify ?