DS160 Form - Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa?

Hello Friends,

Please advise on the following scenario.

In 2014, my application has got selected in lottery and went to RFE status. Since I didn’t qualify to perform the specialty occupation, my application was denied by USCIS. In this cycle, my petition was approved and filing the DS160 form now. What I need to answer for below question.

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

Note: My petition was never approved and I didn’t appear for any Visa interview. It was denied by USCIS during RFE phase itself. So in this case what would be the appropriate answer? Please advise.

Thank you

Answer is NO. They refer to visa interview refusal and not petition RFE/denials.

is this right?. for me also same scenerio. can you please confirm

A post was split to a new topic: H1B Denied on DS-160 Declaration

hi

same problem for me.
i am applying for B1visa now. 2 years back I applied for H1B but did not get lottery. should i say yes or no in DS160 form.

That question applies only if you went to US Consulate for visa stamping and got rejection. You not getting selected in H1B lottery does not count as visa rejection…