do in need to go back to my home country for my stamping for change of status from h4 to f1

Planning to take upto a course and change my status from h4 to f1. Is it required to go to my home country for the status change. How long should I be on F1 to qualify for OPT/CPT

If COS is approved need not go…but once u go you will need stamping.

usually after 9 months u can get CPT

I think you posted another question as well. Going back home preserves your H-4 status allowing you to come back in case F-1 is denied. However, a school cannot insist on this. It is your choice.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA.;; - YouTube