Do H1B need to be amended/transferred if there is change in payroll?


My company is merger of company A and company B. My H1B is sponsored by company A. I was on payroll of company A but then for some reason, I was transferred on company B’s payroll. Name and address of employer is same on all of my paystubs because both merged companies do business under same name and have same office address. Also, my job title, location, salary and responsibilities are also same.

In this case, does my H1B need to be transferred/amended because of this change in payroll?


Your company lawyer should have advised you but I guess you might need an amended petition.