My H1B visa expiry is near and I have decided to join the sponsor company now. I have got a new Offer Letter from the sponsor with revised salary. The company has planned to apply for an extension after I arrive in the US.
While I got my H1 stamped three year back; my family VISA was not done then. They have to go for Stamping now. I will be travelling to US first and within one month they wish to join me.
My questions are -
Is it safer to apply for dependent Visa after I enter US? OR, I can apply for their stamping even before I travel ?
Is it safer to apply before the extension petition is filed OR after?
What documents should they carry to the consulate ? Should there be any extra doc for my case?
My stamping was done in Chennai consulate. Can they visit any other consulate?