Confused about MS in Computers or Finance?

Hi,

I completed my BE in Computer Science in 2009, and yes because of family pressure. I always wanted to be a management student. I landed a job with wipro but did not join due to personal reasons. After wasting a year and half, I joined a KPO in February 2011. I worked there for 18 months and then my father asked me to shift my base to my home town. In between this I did diploma in Financial Management through distance learning. I am very much interested in doing my PG in finance. I want to be at managerial position, so MBA seems apt but funding will be very big problem. If I apply for MS in finance, will my application be selected as I did graduation in technical. Also if I do MS in Finance, then what will be job prospects like? Will I eventually be able to climb up my way at managerial position?(consider that I am very dedicated and smart too)

Kindly help me with this. I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Regards,

Neha

Neha,

Here are my thoughts

If I apply for MS in finance, will my application be selected as I did graduation in technical. 

Yes, there is no rule as such that you need to have Business Background. You would need to mention in SOP, the reason for your switch. 

Also if I do MS in Finance, then what will be job prospects like? Will I eventually be able to climb up my way at managerial position?(consider that I am very dedicated and smart too)

It all depends.  MS in Finance is different from MBA. You could potentially get into stockbrokerage or investments or get certified....You need to do some research on your future options of career paths.