coming for H1B Visa renewal stamping to india

Hi, I am in US and my H1B visa is Expired .I have New approved 797 till Dec’2015 with same company. so now i am going to visit india with my family. Is it required to get appointment and apear for Interview at Consulate for Stamping ? what is the procedure for stamping ? I lived in Gujrat and my first stamping was in Mumbai while second in Delhi and these time i am planing to go Mumbai. So, please let me know the Process.

Regards,

Mohmmad

Here is an article about the new process: H1B Visa Stamping 2012 - New OFC Process - Experience in Chennai India - RedBus2US

You can go to Mumbai for the interview.

It appears from yr question that you are eligible for Interview waiver Programme and Drop Box case of submission.

There are a few conditions .But I think that you meet those conditions- main being petitioner should be same

Follow the system. Answer the questions correctly.

System should give you drop box submission.

If it gives , submit the documents as asked to nearest OFC either personally or through yr local travel agent.

BUT evenif you are eligible for Interview waiver , MOST LIKELY YOU WILL BE ASKED TO APPEAR FOR INTERVIEW where you can go on any working day within stipulated time.

DO LET THE FORUM KNOW WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN YR CASE

My Experience…

Today I submitted my passport to visa application center at Mumbai.

I had a lot of photocopies of a lot of documents. 

But they took my passport, one bank receipt photocopy , one current i797 photocopy and a passport photo.

Thats it and Its done.

They will let me know pick up date within a week.