Clinical or Non clinical jobs for Experienced IMG

Hi Sir,

I am an IMG from India and Completed my MBBS in 1997 and Internship in 1998. Also completed Post Graduation in MD Anaestheology in 2002 . I have 4 years experience as anaesthesiologist and 10 years of experience in Critical Care in Tertiary centers in Hyderabad, India. Now I relocated to USA and presently on H4 status. Is there any opportunity to get into clinical or non clinical jobs without USMLE. I appreciate if you can suggest me some options to get a break in Medical field.

Thank you

Dr. Jayanthi

Highly trained foreign medical professionals do find themselves challenged when in the US. The positive aspect is that you were able to arrive in the US on H-4, 15 years ago this would have been difficult. Based on the city and state you are in, you will need to get a technical credential that allows you to work. This will be like a technician position (certification track) and not as an MD (which is the USMLE track). You can also try and get a research position at a local university - this will not require additional education / certification and they will sponsor your H-1B cap exempt. Hope this helps