Change of visa status from F2 to H4 in usa


My husband is presently in F1 opt and i am in F2. he will filling his H1 in 2014 under the quota as he did his MS from US. so Accordingly my status will also change but can we file together in US or i will have to go back to india for my H4.

You need to file ur H4 application simultaneously with your husband H1B application.

Most of employeers dont tell this until we ask them. so better tell your husband to talk to his employeer and let them know he want to file H4 for u also while he is applying for his H1B.