change of status from F2 to F1


Iam currently in USA on F2 visa. I want to change from F2 to F1 to do my Masters.I received I-20 from a school and filed I-539 for the change of status.I wanted to know

  1. How long does it take to know the change of status approval?

2)Is there a way we can check the application stage?

3)Will there be a possibility to change from one school to other after i receive status approval?

I would appreciate if you could help in this regard.

Thanks in advance

1 Like
  1. It can take anywhere from 2 to 3 months or more. You can look up the processing times on USCIS website.

Select the form, visa type and processing center at the bottom of the page.

  1. Yes, you can using the receipt number that is sent by USCIS at . You can also check your bank account if the check is cashed. If so, check backside for the receipt number.

  2. Yes, you can. You need to work with DSOs of both of the schools and tranfer your SEVIS records.