Change in Place of birth (from India to other country) in Indian passport

Hi,I m started GC process now and currently in India , However I have problem in Place of birth in my Indian passport , since I was born in different country , but my passport say that place of birth as India

But my Birth certificate say that born in different country, so there is mismatch in my Place of birth. I tried to enquiry in India to change my place of birth in my passport, but they confirmed that it’s not possible, since it’s different country. So can pls someone answer my below questions and clarify my doubts

1. Which certificate (Passport or Birth certificate) would be consider for Place of birth in GC process? since my passport and Birth certificate shows different Place of birth ( differnt country) -However I would like to know if any problem occur if passport shows India as Place of birth
  2. I have traveled US with same India passport and stayed for 6 yrs in H1b visa- question .Is it going to be any problem without changing Place of birth in my India passport and shows other country Birth certificate as proof for Place of birth in GC process?
  3. If they verify both documents(Passport or Birth certificate), In this case can I say that Passport have
    mistake in Place of birth and we are in process of passport correction?

Thanks

1. Which certificate (Passport or Birth certificate) would be consider for Place of birth in GC process?
    Birth Certificate decides country of charge-ability

since my passport and Birth certificate shows different Place of birth ( differnt country) -However I would like to know if any problem occur if passport shows India as Place of birth
Passport should be changed to show the correct Place of Birth

1. I have traveled US with same India passport and stayed for 6 yrs in H1b visa- question .Is it going to be any problem without changing Place of birth in my India passport and shows other country Birth certificate as proof for Place of birth in GC process?
    This is up to USCIS. If they receive evidence as per their expectations then there is no problem. It is however recommended to change Place of Birth in the Passport.

2. If they verify both documents(Passport or Birth certificate), In this case can I say that Passport have
    mistake in Place of birth and we are in process of passport correction?
    Yes, You would however have less time to respond to the RFE. If you can support the birth certificate with evidences you might be safe else you might need to make corrections to your passport ASAP.

Talk to an attorney, but I think you should lose the birth certificate and go with what you have in the passport. For GC process, Birth certificate isn’t mandatory. Passport is. If USCIS insists on a birth certificate (unlikely), you can produce an affidavit reinforcing your place of birth as per your passport (India).

Hello, what step did you take?

How did it work out for you?

Currently I am in exact same situation here. were you able to change it in passport ???
Please post which steps you took ???

I am too in the same boat . I started the process of correcting my passport .The passport officer accepted the passport change request and sent it for verification to Dubai. but the Dubai consulate is not providing the clearance letter to the request send by us consulate even after providing all valid birth certificates.
What would happen if I am not able to get this passport corrected .

What step did you take to fix the issue? Plz help.