Hi, I work for a big 4 consulting firm and am presently on my H1-B work visa. My firm has initiated my PERM process in EB2 category, and I am currently waiting for my Labor to get approved. I have a priority date of May 2015.
I seem to have a peculiar situation in that I am switching my residential and home office locations while still staying with the same firm. Neither my Labor nor my PERM have been approved yet, so obviously, I haven’t reached the I-140 stage.
I was told that I can move anywhere, as long as I relocate back to the original filing state closer to the GC issuance (to avoid any complications in my case), failing which, I would have to re-file my PERM for the new location. I am not too convinced with this answer, so I’m seeking advice.
I need to know:
Is it okay to relocate to a different city/state without affecting my in-flight GC (knowing that my Labor, PERM, and I-140 hasn’t been approved yet) as long as I move back to the original filing city/state before my priority date becomes current?
If not, is it okay to relocate after I receive my I-140 approval and avoid filing for a new PERM? (as long as I move back to the original filing city/state before my priority date becomes current)
What if I absolutely cannot move back to the original filing city/state before my priority date becomes current? Would I have to refile PERM for the new location? Would I still be able to hold on to my original application priority date?
I’m entering year 5 of my H1-B. Would a change/amendment in my H1-B location and LCA affect my PERM application at all?
Looking forward for your responses, thanks in advance!