Can Only Amendment be filed without Extension with visa to expire after 150 days ?

My visa is due to expire by 30-Sept-2017.

Can only amendment be filed from India and Extension be filed after landing in US .

Only concern is the expiry date, Will it require to file both amendment and extension before I can travel.

I haven’t traveled before to US . Kindly advice . thanks .

They can apply for amendment + extension while you are outside US. When extension is applied from within US, it would be accompanied w/ an I-94. From outside US, it would just be a cap-exempt petition w/ consular processing.