Can my spouse apply for work permit (EAD) since she has SSN though on H4?

Hi Saurabh,

Hope you are doing great.

When I was on L1-B, she had L2 and had received EAD ( work permi) and also SSN. But she didnt work anywhere.

Now I am on H1-B and she is on H4. Since she has SSN, can she apply for work permit ( EAD)? Will she get that? Can she work with that though she is on dependent visa ( H4 )?

Looking forward to hear from you,

Thanks & Regards,


No, H4 cannot work.