Can my son having a H4 VISA travel without parents to US from India with my cousin sister who has a greencard

Can my son(4 yrs old) having a H4 VISA travel without parents to US from India with my cousin sister who has a greencard? Both parents are in US. What documents do we need to give for immigration purposes?

Is your son’s passport stamped with H-4 visa? If so, there are no travel concerns. A letter signed by parents that states both of you approve the travel with copies of your passport and visa pages plus your son’s birth certificate identifying names of parents would be good to carry by the cousin though not needed. These documents are just to be safe and ensure that this is not an abduction of a minor child. To be presented only if asked.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, www.chu.edu; sshankarATchu.edu

Hi Dr.Sandeep. Thanks a ton for your quick response. Yes. His passport has H4 VISA stamped on it. This helped a lot.

I am also planning to send my son 9 years old to India. We have valid i-797 till end of this year but his passport not stamped with H-4 Visa. Does he need to go for stamping? What are the documents needed? Can we use drop box option? Please suggest.

Hi Prabu @Prabu_S
We are also in the same situation. Did you get a solution for the travel of your son unaccompanied ?

@sshankar kindly reply to Prabu_S and my question - minor travelling unaccompanied with valid I797 but no stamped H4 in passport. Thank you !