Case Background: I was recently shortlisted for a job, but due to delay in internal approvals, I haven’t received an offer letter yet. However, I have been told that I should expect an offer letter shortly. Since we are about to miss the H1b visa application deadline of April 1 this year, we are looking at other options. EB2 Green card seems as a possible option. I do have a masters degree and experience/ certifications relevant for the job.
Here are my questions:
Can the employer apply for green card without the H1B visa? I am currently on H4, living in the United States.
If the employer agrees to apply for Green card, how soon/ late can I start working for the employer? How many months would I have to wait, if hypothetically the green card processing began in the first week of April?