Can l2 stay in usa if h1b is in process and l1 wants to leave the country

Hi ,

I'm Currently on L2 and staying in India for personal reasons.I have found a sponsor who is willing to file  H1B for 2015.The L1 visa holder(My spouse) wants to leave US around June 2014 for unknown reasons.Can i stay in US till H1B result ? As my sponsor said they are filing for a preminum visa so we will be getting the result in 2-3 weeks of time.

Will it be enough that L1 visa holder stays till April or does he need to stay untill October.

Thanks in advance.