Can I use my ex - employer's petition to be cap exempt

Hi . My H1B was filed with company A in May 2012. I quit the company in Jun 2012 and came to US on H4. Is it possible that I can use my petition filed by company A to apply for jobs in US in H1B 2013 quota ? Thanks .

if your question is whether you can find a new h1 sponsoring employer who is willing to transfer your h1 based on your previously approved petition from A then the answer is yes. you are cap exempt and this will be a change of status from h4 to h1