Can I travel to USA with Existing Valid H1-B visa after Amendment cum Extension Filed and approved

Hi Team,

I have a valid stamped visa till 31-Jan-2017 and I am currently in India. Now since I am unable to travel for that client and location. My extension cum amendment petition is being raised by my employer for a new client and location under premium category.

Assuming that I will receive my approval notice before my existing visa expiry date. Can I travel with existing visa validity i.e. 31st Jan 2017 for new client and location once I receive Approval copy for amendment cum extension? or should I go for re-stamping? Please let me know.

Hi There,

I am also in similar situation. My H1b petition is approved from 10 Oct 2016 till 15th June 2019. But I have raised H1B amendment request under normal processing due to change in location BEFORE VISA STAMPING.

I have received receipt notice for amendment.

Question:

1. Can I go for stamping with amendment receipt notice only or do we need amendment approval notice to fo for stamping?

2. Also which receipt number needs to be used for filling DS160 form?

Please help as I am confused.

1. Can I go for stamping with amendment receipt notice only or do we need amendment approval notice to fo for stamping?
    In my opinion, you need amendment approval notice to go for stamping

2. Also which receipt number needs to be used for filling DS160 form?
    Based on answer to question 1, you would need to fill amendment approval notice petition number.