Can I travel to US, Please suggest?

I got H1B stamped and valid from October 1 2016, I have never traveled to USA.I got traveled date in 2 weeks.2 weeks before one of my team mates who traveled with my employer to US got caught by POE team.They questioned him and after reviewing documents they cancelled his H1B and B1 Visas and banned him entering into US for 2 Years and deported him back to india.Then after that he came to know there was another guy earlier who traveled to US with same documents got caught and deported back to india.I have verified all the document that he carried,now i came to know I also got same kind of documents exactly(Just name change ) LCA including client letters.Now i am very much worried to travel with these set.So please suggest can i travel with these documents or can I look for new employer and transfer the H1B (I have still visa validity for another 12 months).I got project with different client and I am very much worried now to travel with this employer (not to get banned).So please guide me what can be done here and i am looking for next step that can be taken.

Hi,

• Is your employer a Desi Consultancy? How many people work for it and what it the total revenue?

• What was the POE?

• Were your colleagues travelling directly to work location or some intermediate location?

• Was it an actual job or was it the guest house thingy? The docs for guest house thingy are fake. Everyone knows that.

• Did your employer not tell you guys beforehand that emps were being deported at POE? This is a serious betrayal on his part. He has already screwed the career of two guys and is ready to screw yours as well.

• Most likely employer is under DOL investigation.

• Be mentally prepared that this will not go well for you as well. Don’t be sad.

The safest bet would be to find a better employer and get H1 transferred.

P.S.: There was another guy sent back from POE a while back…I have been Deported US airport, is there anything that i can do now? - H1B Visa - RedBus2US Community. Do look into his post.

Thanks for your prompt response

In my case, I got Job and had offer,client letter & SOW from client and I got joining in 3 Weeks. but i am scared to travel with this employer after seeing this issue.

Please see my responses below. and suggest me.

Yes its Indian Consultancy, In india there are around 150 employees and in USA there are around 60 employees, revenue is around $8M

• What was the POE? PORT OF ENTRY

• Were your colleagues travelling directly to work location or some intermediate location?

direct to Us office, landed at intermediate airport for change of flight.

• Was it an actual job or was it the guest house thingy? The docs for guest house thingy are fake. Everyone knows that.

guest house kind of thing, But company given all the documents like he has job over there (Including client letter).

• Did your employer not tell you guys beforehand that emps were being deported at POE? This is a serious betrayal on his part. He has already screwed the career of two guys and is ready to screw yours as well.

No He has not informed to the consultant, They have hidden this issue and sent another guy. he came to know once POE officers told to him.

• Most likely employer is under DOL investigation.
    Can i know what is DOL?

Please let me know can i travel with new client letter and new SOW, and my employer is stating that he can do Amendments and it wont cause any issue.
any thought here

• Any chance you are landing at Chicago/New York POE? Rejection have been heard at these locations before.

• Best to take direct flight till work location if possible after amendment is filed.

• From what you stated, the work seems legit. It’s surprising that the consultants are being deported.

• Consultancy looks ok with no of employees and revenue. Know that under $10 million is generally looked more closely.

• DOL is department of labor.

• 2 consultants have been turned away and the employer has hidden this from you. You don’t know what else he has been hiding. It possible some employee has complained to DOL about this employer. If you get turned back, do you get to keep your job in India?

• It’s a big risk. Looks like the employer has been marked. Any chance your previous two colleagues had horrible English and accent? Were they dressed appropriately? No need to a tie but an informal suite is a great choice for professionals.

• This is really your call. I see major risks here. You should consider the pros and cons thoroughly and decide.

Thanks Jhon for your suggestion.

These two incidents were happened at chicago airport only

Previous consultants English and accent is very good, they had good experience in technology and working with US clients directly.

anyhow after considering these factors… i think i can skip this and look for alternate employer and new JOB, so that my H1 wont be in risk.

Thanks you for suggestions…

That would be a good idea to change employers and then travel.