Can I take a Semester break in F1 Status

Dear All

I am a grad Student at Columbia University and I started this Spring.

I wish to go back to India next semester and give my UPSC Exam.

Is it possible to take a semester break and if so, what’s the procedure and hiccups involved in it



Yes - it is possible. School DSO must be notified so they do not apply correction to your record such as ‘withdrawn’ or ‘dropped out’. There are no hiccups. All the best for your UPSC exams!

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA.;