Can I change university after travelling to US on F1 from a different University

Hi All,

I have F1 for fall on University X. I just got another admit from a different university Y. I want to attend university Y due to the nature of the course. Can I travel on current F1 and change to university Y without taking any coursework in University X? Please kindly let me know. Or do I have to reappear for Visa interview again?


1 Like

You can change universities. It is best to travel on the new university’s I-20 if you can. Visa stamp stays valid