Can i change the Employer during my H1B Amendment Process

I got my H1B Petition approved and visa stamped in 2014. In April 2016 i filed LCA from India and traveled to original location mentioned in the Petition (CA). Then i filed my Amendment from CA and went to Project Location (NJ). I am still waiting for my new Petition Arrival. I got my I-797 receipt notice. Please tell me if i can change my Employer now. If not, how long will it take to receive my new Petition.

1 Like

You should be able to change the employer based on original approval document and amendment receipt.

Yes, it can be done.
Just make sure the new one is good one