Can I apply for F2 visa from outside USA while my spouse's H1B to F1 Visa change of status pending with USCIS?

I am in India and my husband is in USA on J1B visa right now… He is changing it to F1 visa.Status changing petition is pending with USCIS. Can i apply for F2 visa from India? We got the I-20 document from University.

Is there any other document like approved petition from USCIS is required from my visa interview

Yes, you can apply for F2 visa. You will need I20 issued from the school and your spouse’s F1 status details and I20. Check with the DSO at the school, where your husband is working for all the requirements list.