B1/B2 visa to F2 Visa

I am currently on B1/B2 Visa and my wife is on F1 visa. If anyone can help me with information about F2 Visa. I am currently in the US, Can i apply for F2 in US ? Or do i need to visit India and Apply for F2 from there ? A lawyer suggested us to apply for my F2 with my wife’s STEM extension. In this case do i have to visit India and complete the process or It can be done from the US ?
Please suggest

Hi Nikhil,

You can change your visa status here. However, if you travel abroad for any reason, in order to return back to the US on F-2, a passport visa stamping (embassy visit) will be needed

1 Like