Are there any special considerations for entering USA by road in Alaska?

Hi,

I am on H1B Visa and I am planning a motorcycle ride from USA across Canada to Alaska for my vacation. Here are some questions about this :

1. I will enter Canada at Buffalo and enter USA again at Alaska, by road. At this time, I will have only 15 days of H1B visa left. I already have 3 years of approved I-797 after that, but I will get the stamping done later. I suppose this should not be a problem. I would like to get opinions though.

2. Are there any special considerations for H1B folks entering USA by road with their private vehicles (specially in Alaska)? Are the procedures the same as they are at any port of entry? I am assuming, once I enter Alaska, since I will be taking a direct flight back, there should be no issues in that leg of journey since it should be a domestic flight. (For those who are curious, I am planning to get my motorcycle shipped back)

Thanks for help!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Alaska port of entry is poorly staffed but otherwise there should be no problem. Make sure you carry extension documents as appropriate but you might not be asked.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, hopehumanityATgmail.com; wwwDOThopeforhumanityglobalDOTorg

Thank You for your response!