ApplyingdifferentstateIDthanworkplace will itproblem for first timeH1B?

I would like to travel to port of entry California though my work place is different.

Will it be a problem with a different port of entry as my work location is not in California and applying

for SSN and state id from Califiornia?

I would be working from home and this is the first time I am travelling to U.S . I hold a H1B Visa now.

port of entry can be any city. SSN is a national document so it is not state specific. Not sure about state id or driving license.