Applying for GC in EB2, 3 yrs experience with same employer

Hi ,

I am planning to start GC process.I have 2 years experience in India and 3.2 Years of experience in US with same employer(US experience is only with one employer) .So my question is am i eligible for EB2 or EB3 .or do i need to change employer to apply in EB2.

I heard that experience with same employer is not taken in to consideration .is that is true?

For GC, the person needs to have progressive experience and they usually do not include the experience gained at the GC filing firm. Your attorney can try to frame response to try to make it work for EB-2, but usually it is tough.

I am in the same position as you, only I gained 5 yers of experience with same firm. My attorney told me you can apply EB2 w same company only if the NEW position you are applying for is 51% different that the position you had while working for the company . Though it is a hard process and attonrey has to be extremely competent to go this route.

Does this mean that for GC you need to hop jobs with different companies? If you are with the same company then it doesn’t help?

Does this mean that for GC you need to hop jobs with different companies? If you are with the same company then it doesn’t help?