Apply for h4 visa for my wife

Hello All,

My h1b visa got expired on 30th Sep 2013 but my employre applied for h1b extesnion on time and today i checked on USCIS site for my reciept and its says “129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice.” Its in decision state currently.

Question

1/Please let me know how long it will take to get approval i797notice ?

2/Do i need to go back to india to have my visa stamp again after getting approved I797, i am currently in US?

3/Can i apply for h4 visa for my wife with I797 apporval notice or i have to get my visa stamped on passport and then apply for h4 visa.

4/If my visa stamping is not reuired for my wifes H4 should i juts sent I797 approval mail or orginal copy of I797 to her for visa interview.

Its urgent , appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Abhishek

/Please let me know how long it will take to get approval i797notice ?

2-3 weeks to your employer

2/Do i need to go back to india to have my visa stamp again after getting approved I797, i am currently in US?

It must have got approved with new i94. You need not go india till your petition expiry. But if you go you need stampinh

3/Can i apply for h4 visa for my wife with I797 apporval notice or i have to get my visa stamped on passport and then apply for h4 visa.

You should be good. provide a proof of legal stay in US along with petition, pay slips etc

4/If my visa stamping is not reuired for my wifes H4 should i juts sent I797 approval mail or orginal copy of I797 to her for visa interview.

do not send original copy should be good

hi SnowWinter,

Thanks for help.

One question when you say 2-3weeks its for original hard copy or via mail?
If i get via mail can i use it for wife h4?

Thanks,
Abhishek

“hard copy or via mail” ? ----- hard copy in mail to your lawyer/employer