221G Administrative processing F1 Visa- More than 104 days

Hello, I attended my interview for F1 visa on Dec 5th 2017. It’s been under administrative processing ever since. I was asked to answer a questioner through an email related to my research and publications. I did that.

Since the visa was not issued in time, my university has deferred my admission for Fall 2018. I haven’t received the visa yet. I have sent them the latest Fall semester I-20 and departmental invitation letter. I got a reply saying that they have received the documents and I have to wait for the administrative processing to get completed. I think 104 days is pretty bad for F1 category. What should I do? Will it be okay if I directly contact the embassy and enquire about it? Customer-care says that I have to wait and I can do nothing about it.

PhD - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Hyderabad Consulate

1 Like

You can do nothing about it, other than to wait. Anyway, your admission has been deferred to Fall 2018, so you have plenty of time left.

did they keep your passport with them?

Consular returned my passport saying that it is not necessary to attend the interview again and I shall be informed once the administrative processing is completed.

I hope it is done before my Fall semester registration.

I also got a 221g but in my case they kept my passport and never asked me for additional docs

I think that’s a good sign. When was your interview held?

My field comes under Technological Alert List (TAL). Though there is no solid reason to reject my visa application, it might take few weeks to several months to complete the process. Since it’s been more than 3 months, it started worrying me.

5th march 2018, god knows when my case will get updated, no update since the interview yet

Did yoh finally get it? Or are you still waiting for it. Hoping for your response

Not yet. Not a single update. I came into contact with a masters student who is from biochemistry field. He is waiting from January 2018 as well.

That is really really unfortunate. Even I’m stuck with 221g processing from the last month. And the same thing happened with me as well. The officer returned my passport and said they’ll contact me with more questions. And nothing has happened yet. How long did they take to send you the questionnaire about your research from the date of your interview ? Also, a friend of mine contacted the local congressman through her PI and after the congressman sent an email to the consulate, she got her passport in a few days. You could try that as well!

That is really really unfortunate. Even I’m stuck from the last month. And the same thing happened with me as well. The officer returned my passport and said they’ll contact me with more questions. And nothing has happened yet. How long did they take to send you the questionnaire about your research from the date of your interview ? Also, a friend of mine contacted the local congressman through her PI and after the congressman sent an email to the consulate, she got her passport in a few days. You could try that as well

Hey mate, I received the questioner on the day of the interview (just after few hours). I think you should contact the customer care regarding it. If the VO said so, you should have received the questioner by now. I could forward you the questioner. You can prepare your answers beforehand. I don’t think there would be much change in the format.

Thank you very much regarding the congressman. I’ll contact my PI regarding this. Is there any other way to get into touch with you? Please private message me your email.

Hi, sent you a private message. Take a look at it

I am going through similar situation. Faced visa interview on 5th December 2017 @ Dhaka US Embassy. PhD in Computer Science (UL Lafayette). Till then there is no update on my case. 200 days passed!!!

Hey, we have sent an inquiry to Dept of state through Nebraska state’s congressman. It didn’t help either. There’s been no update on the ceac website as well. My semester will begin in a month. I have no idea if the visa will be issued in time.

I got a blue form with administrative processing on July 17th, no documents asked. Did you hear back from them?

Hi
Did you get the visa in time? I am asking cos I am going through the same thing. They took my passport and gave a 221g pink slip. It been 71 days. I have had to defer my admission to Spring 2019. I have PhD admission for Aerospace at North Carolina State

Hey, haven’t got the visa yet but few of them received their visas after 8-9 months of administrative processing.

Hey Jeevan92ultimate did you get the visa